Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Sunday, November 27, 2005

My Main Man

Mama got to go to a movie today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There just arent enough exclamation points to express my extreme excitement at that!

It was so fun. Travis came home today so he watched Ian and a friend and I went to see the Johnny Cash movie, Walk the Line with Joachim Phoenix as Johnny Cash. He did a pretty good job of it too. My friend thought he was hot. I thought he was pretty good looking as well. It was a good movie, not as good as Ray, though. It had a lot of the same story elements which leaves you feeling a little like you are watching another version of the same movie. All in all I would say it was worth seeing.

Of course, I was excited to see Travis as well...

Actually, I really was happy to see Travis, and he was pretty happy to see me as well. It was a regular family get together here. He traded in all his Norfolk money for real money and we went to dinner. It was our anniversary dinner, just a few days early, and we brought Ian. It was nice, Ian was good, and he was really popular with the staff.

Speaking of Ian, he did something amazing and wonderful today... He STOOD UP! Yep, you heard me, my 6 month old baby STOOD UP! And I don't mean I held him up either. He was in the tub and he turned sideways and put his hands on the side of the tub. Nothing unusual there. Then he got on his one knee and foot. Nothing unusual there, either. Then he just stood up! I swear my jaw hit the floor! It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. I was so proud of him I wanted to run up and tell Travis right away but of course he was in the tub so I didn't. He sure got lots of kisses from Mommy, though.

My baby's becoming a man!

Trav said we can get a USB cable tomorrow so I will finally get some new pics up here. IN the meantime, here is one for today:



No comments: