Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Holy Evil Baby, Batman

Oh. My. God! Don't even get me started on this child today. I think he decided to whine at about 10am this morning and hardly let up throughout the day. Travis tried to keep him for me so I could do my baking but Ian was whining so much he lost his patience and put him down, so he kept crawling in and clinging to my legs whining. I gave him a cookie and that helped for a bit but then he went straight back to whining. I don't know how I made it through the day but let me tell you 7pm could not come fast enough.

He has developed a really cute habit. If you shake your head at him, he shakes his back, it is really cute. Except when you are feeding him, I guess.

Well, I am sure you are all wondering, Travis and I had a really nice time at the ship dinner and dance. We got all dressed up and we looked pretty spiffy if I do say so myself. I had a few drinks . Just enough I think. I didn't feel too bad yesterday. Travis let me sleep in. That was nice of him. We relaxed with movies all day on the couch. It was nice. Today I did manage to get a start on my baking. I made popcorn toffee balls and shortbread. I bought these cookie presses at a yard sale in the summer. They are these little plastic discs and you take the shortbread and roll it into a ball then press it with the presses and it prints a holiday picture on the cookie. So I have really pretty cookies. I decorated them with green and red cherries and silver and gold dragees. They look really nice. I still have a lot to do, I want to make gingersnaps and butter tarts and peanut butter nanaimo bars and maybe some oatmeal raisin cookies too. Hopefully I can get that done tomorrow. Hopefully Ian is more laid back tomorrow and I can actually get something done.

So my photos today are Trav and I dressed up for the party on Friday and Ian "helping" with the dishes in one of his rare good moods.
(editor's note, old blog let me turn the pictures. I can't figure it out on this blog.)



No comments: