Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Friday, July 18, 2008

Super Anger... and Super Happiness!

Anger: Elton John tickets are $163. Bastards. And I can't even win them because I will be out of town for the next week. Let me tell you I will be calling the radio all morning. I would tell you what one but I don't want more people in my way.



Happiness: Conversation with Ian at bed time last night:

Me:Come on, I will help you get your pajamas on
Ian: I do it myself.
(gets his pj's on FAST)
Me:Come brush your teeth.
Ian:OK
Me:All right, I will tuck...
Ian:Hurry! (gets in bed)
Me:Ok what story do you want.
Ian:No story.
Me:What?
Ian:No story. Turn off the lights.
Me:Don't you want a kiss and hug.
Ian:(in this eye rolling, get on with it manner) Yes.
Me: (smmochy huggy cuddle cuddle)
Ian: Go away now (rolls over)
Me:...
Ian:Turn off the light.
Me:....
Ian:And shut the door.
Me= Luckiest. Bedtime Mom. Ever.

And this is not even unusual. (Although he usually likes a story and wants a hug, I think he was excited for his train ride today. I told him it was one more sleep yesterday, and he kept trying to go for naps.)

I love my little boy.

1 comment:

allymama said...

awww!
that is the cutest. thing. ever!