Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Swimming in a pool of coffee chocolate and Ian's cute as a Garter Stitch Blankie

Hi everybody. Thanks for the comments. I really like comments. They keep me going. (hint hint) It's nice to know people are actually reading this!

Some random thoughts for today:

1. I took Ian to the pool this afternoon. Now I feel all dry and flaky. It wasn't a photo oriented place, let me tell you. Plus I didn't have a camera. Anyway, Ian really enjoyed himself. The lifeguard had to tell him not to run to the slide, and he took it seriously. He started walking reaaaally slowly, one foot in front of the other, looking at me like it was all a big joke. What a goof.
2. Has anybody noticed how early the Easter chocolate is out in the stores? I mean, geeze! It was there in the middle of January. Who buys it that early? It's gonna have that white film on it by the time it ends up in anybody's Easter basket.

3. My wierd garter blanket is not done yet. I am almost done the last square. I have a picture of it on Sunday night, before Travis left with the camera. The blocks are a little ... uneven. So I guess I will have to block it. I am not even sure if I own pins. One of many reasons I am not a good example for knitters.... I rarely block anything, and I rarely swatch anything. And when I do swatch, if the swatch does not turn out right, I just change my needles and start my project. Luckily I haven't had any problems as of yet. Hopefully I will be able to fix my issues when the time comes for me to make something big where fit is important, like a sweater. Anyway, here's the blankie picture:


4. I think I may have taught Trav's cousin Jeanine how to knit. Yesssss! She picked it up really quickly which could mean that I am getting better at teaching people... the first person I tried to teach gave up, the second person managed to learn after a while, and then Jeanine figured the gist of it out in like 5 minutes. I also think she may be a natural at it, after all, when I showed her my mittens, she turned them inside out to see what they looked at... a sure sign of a natural, in my books.

5. Coffee is good. And on that note, here's a picture of Ian for you to enjoy. Now I am gonna go get me somma dat java goodness.


Yah, he knows he's good lookin'!

No comments: