Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Seafoam and.....Regular Foam

My mitts were looking a little.... wierd. And I hate frogging stuff, even just a little. So since its not like I don't have enough to do already, I went for stashbusting and decided Ian needed a blanket. So I knit a rectangle out of some Red Heart Baby Clouds I had in stock, but it wasn't enough. So I went to the discount bin at Zellers (classy) and got a little more, as well as a beeeuuuuteeeful contrasting colour that I let Ian pick. Have a gander at this baby:


It will be done in 6 alternating panels of seafoam and...ummmm... regular foam colours in plain garter stitch on 10mm needles which i will then crochet (!) together with a lovely blueberry coloured yarn I happen to have. Let me tell you, that will be the highlight of my knitting year. Foam coloured (hate) fluffy (hate) acrylic (hate) garter (hate) squares (hate) crocheted together (hate) that I chose for some reason over everything else available up to and including my perfect Fleece Artist sock yarn which has been lovingly wound into centre pull balls by hand (or rather by thumb) And yet I pick this. What is wrong with me? My stashbusting wasn't even successful because I had to get more yarn. Which I hate.


Anyhoo....


We did end up taking Ian to the Discovery Centre on Sunday. I forgot to take the camera. But I did take a picture of the pamphlet I got before I chucked it in the recycling.


Anybody who knows me will be surprised I threw it out, given my extensive pamphlet collection. (What? Maybe I'll need to know the hours and rates for the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic for 2002 some day!)

The Discovery Centre is a great place to learn about all kinds of cool things. Here is a list of things I learned at the Discovery Centre:


1. Just because your 2 3/4 yr old boy went potty right after you get there, doesn't mean he's not up for peeing in his pants 5 minutes later.

2. The Discovery Centre does not have hand dryers in its bathroom.

3. The bubble room is great for camoflauging pee pants on little boys.

4. Don't leave the bubble room until your kid is good and ready unless you want everybody to watch you drag a screaming soapy kid through a museum.

5. The sand box is not a good place to visit after the bubble room.

6. Don't leave the sand box until your kid is good and ready unless you want everybody to watch you drag a screaming, soapy, sandy kid through a museum.

7. Thomas sets cure everything.

8. See number 6, only substitute sand box for Thomas set.

9. Air powered floating ping pong balls cure everything, without the dependency issues.

10. Wet sandy kids get cold fast in February.


So yeah. We had a good time, anyway. (I think the camera, however, is relieved to have passed up this experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Adrienne