Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Slow Going

No pic today. I'm too cheap! I feel like I am not getting much done knitting wise around here, because things keep interfering. (I know what you're thinking. Big Brother is NOT interfering. I can knit and watch tv at the same time. Duh.) Actually, what is interfering is weather, supplies, and finishing.

The knitting is done on the WGB. I am blocking the stupid thing so I can crochet it together evenly, but since I only own 8 straight pins, I can only do one square at a time. And last night I stuck one of those pins straight into my finger. My knitting finger. I want to go get some new pins but the weather was really bad yesterday and I didn't want to try to get to a store. We got about a foot of snow yesterday, then it rained and washed not only that snow all away, but also about half of the underlying snow as well. So I guess I could go get pins today. Hm. Maybe later.

I also finished that hat. Gah! I hate it. I will never ever EVER knit that horrible thing again. It is really hard to attatch pompoms to a really long strap. It is hard to make two pompoms the same size, even if you use the same piece of cardboard for each. It is hard to get a two year old boy to model a pink hat for sizing purposes. (I had to bribe him with a gummy spider) I don't know what I will do when I have to take a picture of it. At any rate, I am glad to see the back of that project.

I started a sock, just a plain one for a gift. Although started is kind of a positive outlook, I cast it on, joined it, and knitted half of the first needle. I think the reason I don't get Startitis like a lot of other knitters is I don't like casting on very much. I like knitting the middle part of a project, when you are in the groove with the knitting. I don't like starting or ending. Although I like thinking about starting, which is why I have a bunch of ziplock bags with needles, wound yarn, and patterns all ready to go. Anyway the sock is not my Fleece Artist one. I am going to do it, I promise.... I just want to work out some of the kinks in my sock-knitting technique. What I am doing is a pair of mens socks with Patons Kroy Socks in Flax. I even have a deadline... the end of March. Go Me!

Ian and I are going to make cookies today. He's napping right now, but we mixed up sugar cookie dough and we are going to make Valentine cookies when he wakes up. The dough is in the fridge. So I guess I should go and work on my sock while he's sleeping.... Or I could set up a YouTube account of my very own and work on uploading some of my videos! Yep, whatever feels most like procrastination!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Finished the big red blanket and started a new one (not big, nor red). Will look forward to pics of the BGB.

Guess what Duc got me for V.D.? Not flowers - a knitting basket (and yarn and needles and a new knitting book) for his place!!! Much better than flowers.

Jillian Camwell said...

And better than "VD"...sorry, couldn't help myself.