Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Some random stuff today.

1. I got some new curtains. The old ones couldn't hold up to the pressure of a toddler running around. I have a bay window and I put burgundy drapes on the two side windows and embroidered gold coloured sheers on the main window. I haven't decided if I like it or not yet. The drapes are nice, they block out everything, and they were a little less expensive. If I take back the sheers, and exchange for more drapes, then I will save $15. On the other hand, the drapes do not match the carpet. (ha! I put that in a sentence without having a double meaning!) They are actually more red than the other stuff in my living room, which is like a very dark rose. The sheers are pretty and delecate looking, but they are too long, and unlike the drapes, they will be very difficult to hem up. And if I take back the drapes and get more sheers it will cost an extra $10. Or I could just leave it all how it is. Either way, I have those really cheap curtain rods and they are all tab top, so I will need to figure out some better curtain rods or get some kind of valance. Sigh. Life is rough.

2. Ian did not pee at all last night! Woo hoo! He made up for it by having growing pains and waking up every hour crying! Yay! No sleep for Mama!

3. Hey Janet Jackson! You want some feedback? Here's some feedback: Your song SUCKS!

4. I really should get around to crocheting those fugly blocks together. I am using my current sock as an excuse. I will take a picture when I am done. At this point I am just past the heel on the first one. What? They are big socks!

5. The weather was fantastic today. Ian and I went to the park in our sweaters! Sweet! -4 tomorrow though. I guess perfect spring days in February can't last. I really shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. It will be hard putting the old Winter Coat back on again.

No comments: