Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Saturday, May 31, 2008

I love Nova Scotia

I had to take the trash out just now. It has been raining and it isnt just now, just foggy and still. A little chilly. I have to say, when it is just a little dark and/or foggy here I just love it. I love the way the rocks and trees and (if I am out and about) the coast line are all slightly sinister and mysterious, and a little bit tragic. I love the way the air smells here. Fresh and green and a little salty.

I stood out on the deck, breathing in the air and the fog and thinking I should get my coat and some tea and come sit out on the deck, when suddenly it hit me.

A big fat June Bug.

Yep, it's time to lock myself in the house and turn off all the lights for My Favourite Month In Nova Scotia.

:::shudder:::

No comments: