Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Monday, June 2, 2008

An open letter to the Weather Guy

Dear Weather Guy

Are you just trying to make yourself look better? That is the only explanation. Why else can I look at the long term forecast for a particular day and Lo! It is Sunny! But as the day draws closer and closer the it becomes slightly cooler, then partially cloudy, then the day before my long-awaited outdoor event, it is showing storm warnings, tornadoes, hail, hurricanes, and 37cm of snow. By then I have already packed the car full of camping equipment/waterskis/beach umbrella and have got my kid all excited about Having Fun.

I can understand that you can't really predict the weather more than a few days ahead, but couldn't you just put rain on the forecast? That way we will all be pleasantly surprised when you are wrong instead of plotting your downfall.

Thanks.

Your fair-weather friend,
Leoal

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so true!
i would like to add that this whole "chance of precipitation" gets out of the forecast as well. what the heck is "40% chance of rain" supposed to mean??? if it doesn't rain, were they right or wrong? and if it does rain?