Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Stuff to do...

1. Taking Ian downtown today. (fun to park!) We are going to the Farmers Market then I think a Theodore ride then it is World Wide Knit In Public Day so I will find a place to knit in public. Preferably eating my yummies from the market.

2. I got a bigger tank and a couple tetras and a snail. The snail is orange and is named Larry. Since I got the tetras at the same time, and they are orange too, they are all brothers. I named the tetras Darrell and Darrell. (not after your hubby, Adrienne) So if anybody comes over I can introduce them as such: Hi, this is Larry, this is his brother Darrell and this is his other brother Darrell. Whoever guesses what I am talking about could get a free dishcloth!

3. I got a gift card to The Loop and also some Birthday Money so I got all worked up and went down to buy a swift. But they had to order it in. I won't get it for a couple weeks. I have no idea what I will do until then. (Ok, lets be honest, I am going to make dishcloths. Plus I have a sweater to work on. I need to quit getting ahead of myself here)

4. Speaking of the sweater, it is about at my belt now. I need a better name for it than Sweater. Any suggestions? Whoever comes up with the best name for it wins....well not the sweater. How about a free dishcloth?

5. So I guess I am having a blog contest. Leave a comment on this blog, or on the Facebook note. (I think a feed goes to Ravelry too but I am pretty sketchy about checking that so I wouldn't recommend leaving a comment there) I will draw from correct answers for the fish and I will pick my favourite name for the sweater completely objectively. Contest closes, well, lets say Tuesday. I am gonna be all casual and junk. I will personally knit a dishcloth for you in the colour of your choice if you win and then mail it to you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know what show the larry and darrell and darrell thing is from but i can't remember the name.... oh yeah it was Newheart!!!! mwa ha ha ha

and as for the Sweater, you could rename it Swelter, because that's what you will be doing if you finish it soon and wear it during the summer........ ha ha i am not very creative

allymama said...

First of all it's Newhart...not Newheart...so I win!
And as for the sweater...I got nothing...but I'm going to keep thinking

Jillian Camwell said...

"Newhart"--and it's Larry, Darryl and Darryl.

And because I'm competitive and really want a famous Leoal dishcloth, I will name your sweater...Beryl. I'm sure our aunt will be thrilled!

RedFridayGirl said...

1. - Did you both have fun? I loves yummies from the market.. it is all about the waffles.. ok now i am drooling.

2. - I am so out to lunch.. i would never have gotten that.. i was going to say the resturant down town.. lol.. ok I think I might need to get out more.

3. Ok dumb question.. what is a swift???

4.I think you should call your sweater "djibouti" do you know how long it took for me to google that name lol.... that is where the men were..
5. I have never seen a contect on the blogs before but that is awesome Good luck to the winner!!