Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Well now that I got that off my chest, how about some pictures.

Sorry about the maudlin post. I really make an effort to keep this upbeat and positive (and honestly for the most part, that is how I feel) and I don't usually open up on here a whole lot. I have a lot of respect for the bloggers out there in bloggoland who do open up in their blogs. But I did have some good things to say so here we go.

Friday Ian and I went to Lawrencetown Beach. A bit nippy out, even though it was a warm day. Not a lot of wildlife there. We saw this:

039

And that was about it. One crab leg. Oh and about a dozen hot surfers. (I know Travis doesn't read this so I am allowed to write that, mwahahahaha!)

Actually, I don't know how anybody can call surfers at Lawrencetown "hot". After all the water was probably about 2 degrees Celsius. They had wetsuits on but still, their faces had to be freezing. And you can find them out there any time of the year. Yep, even January. Crazy.

Here are some more pics from the beach:

Ian pondering the infinite Atlantic:

031

Me attempting to be artistic. I thought the colours were pretty. But I couldn't see because of the glare on the camera. At least my finger isn't in the picture.

038

I also have a pic of a humongous boat we saw on the waterfront. Yep, it took me 3 pics to get the whole thing:

003002 001

That was the day we took the Dartmouth ferry into the town, and spent my pennies bumming around. Halifax from the ferry, featuring the back of Ian's head:

008

I spent the first half of that ferry ride frogging a dishcloth and the second half trying not to throw up. Yep, I have major problems with seasickness. It is my only weakness. My kryptonite, if you will. I got queasy in a display at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic once. And one time I almost barfed PARKED NEXT TO the ocean. And one time Travis took me for a day sail on the Freddy and I was sick all day. So sick in fact, that I drank water and when I barfed it was still cold. :::shudder:::

Ahem.

Back to the pics.

Here are some shots of Ian, who just learned to ride his tricycle. Pedaling is fun!

020

023

026

And for those of you who wanted a better look at a June bug (because I know there are millions), I trapped this one between the window and the screen and in the morning caught it in a jar. It was a little stunned, and it just sat there for a while and then it died. I threw it in the driveway and the next day some ants were eating it. Here is my Buddy:

028

Sorry it is so blurry. And yes, that is a quarter.

Here are some uber-hot pics of me modelling my sweater. It is actually about 6 inches longer now but I don't feel like taking more pics.

015

019

I actually posted these pictures as a warning, people. These are examples of how to not:

1. Model

2. Photograph a model

3. Decorate

4. Do your hair.

Oh well. At least I had pants on.

And finally, here are pics of me and my friend Beth all gussied up for my birthday.

041 042

I actually had a lot of fun. I stole the kids menu from Bubbles Mansion (That place is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING how I expected, also be careful of the link it has a loud song that isn't really workplace appropriate.); the oldest anybody guessed my age was 23 (go chubby girl who never ever goes out in the sun and is too lazy to wear makeup most of the time!) and I discovered that drinks cost a HELL of a lot more than when I started going out to the bar. Like, frig, dudes! WTF?

So that was my week (give or take) in Pictures. Hope you liked it!

1 comment:

RedFridayGirl said...

Thanks for the warning about the link.. .one should turn down the speakers.. lol....

You looked amazing going out!! I hope you had a great time!!