Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

And the winner is...

...Jillian! Who guessed Newhart! I put all the names in a bowl and let Ian pick. Also, all the names were great and I couldn't decide between them so I put those in the bowl and let Ian pick too. And he picked....Jillian! Woo Hoo! Only one parcel to mail!

It was completely random. I swear! If you have an issue, take it up with the Independant Review Board (aka Ian) although I have to warn you the conversation will go something like this:

Sore Loser: Why didn't you pick Me?
I.R.B: And Thomas goes on tracks?
Sore Loser: Wha? What are you talking about? Your choices were not fair!
I.R.B: And battery power Thomas wants to hang out with me? And that's a great idea?
Sore Loser: Are you even listening to me? I want to speak with your supervisor!
I.R.B: I want a snack. I want yogurt for a snack.
Sore Loser: AAAAAAAARRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

So the name chosen for my sweater is "Beryl". Who is my aunt. (Hi aunty!) But since I reserve the right to alter things to suit myself, I am going to alter this name. I am still battling ants around here, and although I have yet to find ants actually ON the sweater, I will hereby dub the sweater "Anty Beryl"

I will be shortly emailing my lucky double winner to discuss colour choices.

In other news, I got Ian registered for preschool this fall. I have to say, I didn't think I was a sappy, sentimental person but when I was looking around the school, and I saw the little classrooms and the little cubbies with the coats and backpacks, and pictured Ian on his first day with brand new sneakers on, bringing me home artwork to stick on the fridge, I got all choked up.He's not a baby anymore. He isn't even a toddler. He is preschool age! He's gonna have a cubby! I just brought him home from the "hopsital" yesterday! How can he be ready for a cubby?

He can't even get his pants on frontwards!

1 comment:

allymama said...

As I read this I first was disappointed I didn't win. Then I didn't mind, 'cause I didn't answer all fields in the draw. So I lost by a technicality. Second...I was laughing my ass off, 'cause I could HEAR Ian saying that... "And Thomas goes on tracks?" Too bad you can't emphasize words while typing, like the way he talks. Soo cute. :) And third, I was crying thinking of him at school...and preschool.. I can't believe he's old enough for that...and I never want Evan to get old enough for that :)