Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A little randomness.

1. I have the Prize Dishcloths done. I will post pics soon and also mail them. But I am pretty lazy so "soon" is really relative.

2. Evidence I am an Idiot: Exhibit A: I was at the drive in bank machine and dropped my bank card in the slot where the parking brake is.

3. The weather has been really nice the last few days, hot enough to swim outside but not so hot as to be uncomfortable. I was thinking of taking Ian swimming but it got a little breezy. But tonight is the Bedford Days Kick Off Fireworks, so I think I might take him to that. We will go early and bring a picnic supper.

4. Evidence I am an Idiot: Exhibit B: I ordered pizza the other day and then I went and got my wallet and waited for the Pizza Guy to show up. When he finally appeared, I opened my wallet and no bank card inside. So I was tearing my house apart looking for it, dumping my purse, digging in pockets, etc and it was nowhere to be found. So I got the brilliant idea to jump in my car and drive the 100 metres to the mail box, with the pizza guy still standing there on what passes for my lawn. I got the mail, and lo and behold, a replacement bank card! Whew!! (the one I lost was the temporary one.) Good timing on the replacement card, there, Bank!

5. We are going to go camping this weekend, out by Pictou. It will be Ian's first time ever camping. I will be sure to take lots of pictures. I may even post them!

6. Evidence I am an Idiot: Exhibit C: I bought some camera batteries for the old Advantix camera. I swapped out the battery, and finished off the roll of film. Then I thought to myself, "well I don't want to run out the battery just sitting there, those little mini camera batteries are expensive!" so I opened the film drop in loading thingy and put the battery in. Then I shut it. Then I noticed the lens hadn't retracted so I was going to put the battery back in but try as I might, the door wouldn't pop open. I guess the battery was blocking the latch or something, but I don't understand because the battery is pretty small. Anyway, I thought maybe I could see how it opened if I took the back off. So I took the back off. and alas it wouldn't open, but it did give me a shock so bad it burned my finger. I threw dropped the camera and since it had no backing on, some pieces broke off. And I was very very afraid of picking it back up again so I sorta slid it into a ziploc bag. Maybe some day I can get it repaired. Who knows. Anyway, little camera batteries are NOT as expensive as overpriced, obsolete, panoramic cameras. JUST LEAVE THE BATTERY WHERE IT BELONGS, PEOPLE!

7. Verdict: Should I really be taking a small child camping?

No comments: