Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hey! Guess What? I've been Knitting!

Hey folks. I am sure some of you come her for the knitting. You never know. Anything's possible.

 

Despite the lack of knitting related posts (and posts in general) I have been knitting away. I just haven't been doing anything terribly dramatic. I made  these:

knitting 002 

(Don't you just love the patterns the variegated yarns make when they are used as the background colour?)

Here is a closer pic. It goes from left to right in a rainbow. They always do that.

 knitting 004

I have also knit a few of these:

knitting 005

They are my own design. They have a very rough texture. I think they will be good for scrubbing.

I am currently working on this:

knitting 001

Which are the reverse of the mittens from here. The skeins make two pairs of mittens.

I also bought myself a sweater. It is still in yarn form:

knitting 007 

Ain't it purty?? It is Cascade Yarns Heathers colour 8401, 100% Peruvian Highland Merino wool. I have more than what shows there. I even did a swatch!

  knitting 006

However, I am terrified of actually knitting the sweater. I have never made a sweater before. So I am finding all kinds of other things to knit. Like a ream of dishcloths. And a pair of mittens. In May.

So maybe soon I will finish the mittens and since I am out of dishcloth yarn (erm... at least in the upstairs stash) I will have no excuse not to sit down and make the sweater.

Although I do have a few ends to weave in....

knitting 008

2 comments:

RedFridayGirl said...

You are such a good knitter.. So do you sell these cloths or what?

LOL.. That is a hint that I would liek to buy a couple.

Are you still up for pot luck on Sat the 24th?

Melissa said...

Yay! Dishcloths!! You rock. I am excited that you are starting (or at least thinking about starting) a sweater.

So does that mean I get dishcloths for a housewarming present when I finally move out?? :)