Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Having money problems? Come live in Ian's world!

1. The other day Ian wanted me to buy a new car. were sitting at the table and I asked him "How many dollars for a new car?"

Ian: "Three Dollars"

Me: "How many dollars for a house?"

Ian: "Three Dollars"

Me: "How many dollars for bread?"

Ian: "Three Dollars"

Me: "How many dollars for milk?"

Ian: "Four Dollars"

Me: "How many dollars for pants?"

Ian: "Forty Dollars"

So there you have it folks. Ian's world has great prices on everything! Except Bread!


2. The ants are back. You can see the ants way back when. I haven't got as many this time. The first year was the worst, then the second year they focussed on the kitchen. When Christmas came I went to make some butter tarts and the corn syrup was full of dead ants. (I threw it out and got some more.) Last year they weren't so bad, just a few weeks in late spring. This year, I have seen two ants. I have a different strategy I heard that when you crush ants they release a pheromone that attracts more ants. So what you are supposed to do is to wash the ant up with a soapy cloth. I guess that neutralizes the pheremone and also washes their trail off of the floor or wherever. So I have rinsed the two ants down the drain and that was it. And that was several days ago. So I may have finally defeated them!

3. I have been trying to rescue my lawn this year. I am probably wasting my time. But it has involved some hours of yard work. Almost all of my seedlings have died, except 2 pea plants and 2 zucchini plants, neither of which are looking particularly healthy. I also planted some pomegranate seeds and they are doing surprisingly well. But generally speaking, I don't know why I even bother. It is so depressing.

4. We have been getting out a fair bit. We go somewhere almost every day. Either the park, the library, or the waterfront. Whenever we go downtown Ian asks if we are going to go pick up daddy. It's pretty sad. Anyway, that is why I haven't been posting much, we just have been so busy.

5. Today we are going to a meet and greet at the MFRC, and I have to bring dessert. I was going to make a strawberry Jello pie. I was going to go to the Superstore first thing today and get strawberries, because yesterday I was feeling really unwell and just couldn't go. But I forgot that they don't open until 11 on Sunday and I need to be at the MFRC at 1 so I think I may need to come up with something else! I could go to Pete's but I don't want to pay $8 for a pint of strawberries. I'll let you all know how it comes out.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I need to live in Ian's world. I'd be much happier there.