Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Random thoughts that flit in and out of my head while blogging.

Well, Ian's party went well. Not a lot of shower uppers but better than last year for sure. We had Thomas Cake and Lemonade. Ian made out like a Railway Bandit, he got plenty of Thomas crap to spread all over the house. I have train tracks everywhere. However, I would fight tooth and nail to keep them, since today when we were at the library and it was time to go, he did not have a tantrum. I advised him that he has some trains at home he can play with, and he very cheerfully left the building. Woo hoo!

 

The weather was really nice for the first part of the day, warm and sunny, but by 3 or so the sky clouded over a bit and it cooled off, so we nixed the water fight I had planned. I gave away a few of the water guns I had purchased and we didn't get a chance to use the new Diego Sea Splash Waterslide, but we have all summer for that.

 

I have been working intently on my sweater (with only a few dishcloth breaks, and I have this lovely example of an acre of stockinette to show you:

Sweater 003

I know a lot of people complain about stockinette but I really like to be able to sit and knit with my hands and not with my head, and at the same time read or watch tv. It makes for much more relaxing downtime. I am about a third of the way through the second skein and I am going to The Loop tomorrow to get a couple more wound (since I don't have a ball winder of my very own. Yet.) and also I have some questions about the pattern. Since it has mistakes. Mistakes I didn't make. I will try and escape the store with no more yarn. I will also take that opportunity to pop into Value Village, as I have 3 bags of clothing to give away. I could wait for my yard sale, but honestly who buys clothing at a yard sale? Nobody. I would rather spend my time making the mountain of other junk items I have seem more enticing. This yard sale is planned for some time in June, unless my street holds a yard sale again before then, in which case I would rather get in on that action.

 

Wow, that paragraph was all over the place, wasn't it?

 

You know, I really wish I posted here more often. I have all kinds of Head Blogs I think of all the time, but they are usually at inopportune times, such as bedtime, while I am in the shower, or while I am driving. Then I can't think of anything while I am sitting here.

 

Who wants to hear bloggy good news? The Yarn Harlot came here! Woo Hoo! I am Knitting Celebrity Style now! She tried to comment but doesn't have a Blogger account. So she sent an email! She says my stash is not too bad. Awesome! Take that, Travis! Also, I found another blog I really like, Tales from the Den of Chaos, to which I have added a link on the side. I read all the archives first and it was a really good read. I recommend everybody go take a look. Right now. Do as I demand. Anyway, it took me like two weeks to read the whole thing and since I only have a kitchen chair at my computer I ended up with a really sore neck. I think I better add Office Chair to my list of things I need for the house. Only, since reading that blog, I think I better check the secondhand stores first.

 

Well sorry about the long rambling post folks. But I better go now, I have a stinky little butt to wipe. Yay for Mommyhood! I will leave you with some great party images:

 

 

Mack Truck received the day of his actual birthday. He already has two of those cars. I told him it was from Phoebe (and the slip and slide was from Catnip) and so he has been telling everybody about how the cat went to the store and got him a present:

3rd Birthday etc 019

 

The toy Mommy liked to play with the most. I Extruded for over an hour that night!

3rd Birthday etc 027

 

What are you looking at?

3rd Birthday etc 026  

 

Henry! And he's Green!

3rd Birthday etc 023

 

So! Exciting!

3rd Birthday etc 037

 

The slightly disappointing  Thomas cake. The icing is just globbed on. And you would think for almost thirty dollars they could at least get the train track straight. I really really can't decorate cakes at all but I think I am just gonna suck it up in future.

3rd Birthday etc 039

 

Whew!

3rd Birthday etc 040

No comments: