Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Friday, May 30, 2008

A picture is worth a thousand words

I think I will take the words.

Seriously. A lot of the time I don't post because I have pictures that go with the post. And I am just too lazy to find the camera, dump the pictures, put them in blablabla. Sooo lazy. We went down town the other day (yarn store and Value Village, remember?) and we ended up goofing off on the Waterfront all day. So I will post about that and put the pics up later. Promise.

Yesterday, we went to Hatfield Farm to ride a pony. The pony was Closed for Repairs. (Actually it isn't peak season yet so they only have it on weekends, but wouldn't it be funny if it really was closed for repairs? How would you repair a pony anyway? Where would you put the screwdriver? Oh wait. I forgot. Ponies take nails.)

Right. Off track a bit there.

Anyway, the petting zoo was open, so we paid $1 for petting zoo got $2 in quarters for the Oat Machine and we fed oats to goats. They also had a big donkey who just stood there and stared, two llamas, and a massive wild turkey who was guarding one goose that was sitting on eggs. The llamas weren't alpacas but they still had some nice fleece. I was thinking of asking if they ever sheared it but I forgot.

We also got to pet the big draft horses. I can never get over how monstrously huge they are. They pull wagon rides in the summer and sleigh rides in the winter. The horses were very friendly and Ian was not afraid of them at all. I think he will do well when I take him back for a pony ride later on this summer. Hatfield Farm is only about a ten minute drive from us. I may decide to bike out there later this year if I can get in a little better shape. The farm also does trail rides, but kids need to be eight so in a few years we can go as a family. Maybe we can do riding lessons as well. It's good exersise.

I did have the camera in my pocket but I forgot to take pictures. Maybe next time!

No comments: