Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Top Ten Fascinating Ian Facts

10. His favourite colour is green. And he's jealous of green. He gets mad when I say I like green too.

9. He is very mellow, easygoing, and agreeable. He is always ready to go and see something else. Unless he is at the Library/Toys r Us/Baby store/Edumacational Toy Store playing with the Thomas and it is time to go. Then, be prepared for Hurricane Ian. Today, he tried to physically force me back into the store, wailing as if his life were ending the entire time.

8. Not a big meat eater. Likes broccoli. Go figure.

7. Likes to make me coffee. As in "pot of". I have to supervise a bit but he has it down, from draining out the dregs and rinsing the pot (if necessary) right through grounds and putting water in the tank. I accidentally joked about him making me a pot of coffee once and he took it WAAAAAY too seriously.

6. Messiest. Eater. On. Planet. Earth. I swear, he could lose in a Neat Eating contest with the Tasmanian Devil. I have no clue where he gets this from. (She says as she tries to wipe coffee off her shirt and crumbs out of her bra)

5. Freakishly tall. He is the size of a 5 year old. No kidding. Thus making the attempt to press me back into the toy store a very real possibility.

4. Will become a famous chef. I am certain. Between the coffee making, bread kneading, risotto stirring, and flour sifting, he has the makings of a fine cook.

3. On the other hand, has no taste in yarn whatsoever. I can't go to the craft section in Zellers at all without having to pull ball after ball of Discount Gag Me Green Acrylic out of the cart afterward. (throws up a little in mouth)

2. Can spell his own name. And type it on the computer. And spell it on the fridge.

1. Is the most amazing, brilliant, funny, adorable, energetic, free spirited beautiful new three year old on earth.

Happy Birfday Ian!

Love, Mommy.

2 comments:

Jillian Camwell said...

Happy birthday, Ian!! Jealous of green, eh? Is he green with envy of green?

Melissa said...

Happy happy birthday from California! We love you out here, Ian! And miss you and your mommy, too.