Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Friday, January 20, 2006

Meat in the Mail!

Yeppers, nothing on this great green earth quite beats meat in the mail. I sure love getting meat in the mail. Not a day goes by when I don't say to myself: "I sure could use some meat in the mail" Yep, good ol, meat in the mail. A little meat in the mail never hurt anybody.

In case you haven't guessed already, I recieved meat in the mail today. (Thanks Mom and Dad)

So I am sitting hear eating my mail meat (hahaha) wondering what to write. And it occurs to me to explain to everybody about my kitchen floor. It's huge. And dirty. It's not that I don't clean it, it's just that I have a baby. I clean it all the time but the very next day there is something new littering the whole walking surface. I have yet to discover an effective cleaning solution that appeals to my basic incompatibilty with housework. I think a dog would be the solution, but then I have to take care of poopy so I guess that won't work. Alas.

To make things worse, I started giving Ian cheerios as a snack. He sure loves to chase those things around with his little fat baby fingers and stick them in his mouth. But the first thing he does when I dump a handful on his tray is smack them so they scatter around the kitchen floor. Maybe I should stick to baby food. At least that only gets on his hands!

I went to an orientation meeting today for the SPCA. I thought it might be fun to do some volunteer work. I won't have time for much but I figure i need a hobby. I can't just go to work and take care of Ian. I need something that I want to do that isn't a waste of time or money. So I think volunteer work is the answer. They should call me soon for a tour of the facility and then I can pretty much come and go as I please. They need people to cuddle cats, walk dogs, clean up, do repairs and maintenence, help with office work, work booths at malls and stuff, and visit schools and things like that. So I don't mind doing any of that. It would be great to get my mind off of problems.

No pic today, sorry. I have to download and save my camera tomorrow, so probably no pics then either, but I will be taking Ian somewhere fun on Sunday probably, so I will try to get a pic in then. Then back to work on Monday!

No comments: