Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Cars are stupid and expensive.

Travis is sailing as of this morning. He's going to be gone for 10 days or so. I dropped him off last night so I wouldn't have to get up too early today. Before he left, I told him to fill the car up with gas but not to fill the van because I will drive the car around while he's gone because it's better on gas. So I have a close to empty van and a full car.

This morning I got up, got everybody ready, started the car, loaded the kids in, and got ready to go. The battery light came on. It's a new battery, we just changed it this spring. I drop Ian off, then the radio shuts off. And now the check engine light is on. I parked it when I got home and turned it off then back on. It started, but reluctantly. So I left it there, in front of the van. That was probably a mistake. Anyway, when I go get Ian today, I will probably move it to the back of the driveway and take the van instead because I don't trust that car at all. Hopefully it starts. Anyways, it sucks because all the gas is in the car and I was hoping to get by on $40 worth of gas while Travis is gone.

Not a good start to the week. Not at all.

No comments: