Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

ayeEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

I was in a bit of a tizzy yesterday because I confirmed a dental appointment for Wednesday with no clear plan as to what I was going to do with the kids. But luckily Travis's cousin pulled through for us and will watch the boys while I get things repaired in my mouth. I have a hole in one filling and I am also getting fitted for some kind of bite thing. The last time I went to the dentist they said my teeth looked quite a bit worn and I must be grinding them. And I was all like "no way I grind my teeth" and they were all like "yes way" and I was all like "no way" and then we all decided to agree to disagree.

Anyway, I spent the next few months noticing how much I grind my teeth. Like, constantly. I grit my teeth after every sentence. I grit my teeth after I yawn. I grit my teeth every time I swallow. I grit my teeth while I am sitting doing nothing at all. But I am doing it just once and not very hard, so that's why I didn't notice. I have been making an effort not to do it, to the point where even when I was in labour, half of my mind was like "OMG I'M GOING TO DIE WHY DID I THINK THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA!!!" and the other half was like "FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T GRIND YOUR TEETH!!! HOW WILL YOU EXPLAIN IT TO THE DENTIST?"

So yeah. Dentist tomorrow.

In Jamie news, he has discovered the ability to create a loud, high pitched squealing noise that causes the hair to stand up on the back of my neck as well as several minutes of ear-ringing. It's cute. He does it when he wakes up and then keeps going until he falls back asleep, unless I shove something in his mouth. The problem is that he has replaced all vocalizations, both his happy babble and his normal "fix it, Mom" cries with this squealing noise. So now, I can never tell if he's mad, happy, sad, hungry, wet, or just trying to hold a conversation. No matter what, I just hear "eeeEEEEE!!! AAAyyyyEEEEE!!!! WEEEE!!!!"


My response?
:::gritgritgritgrit:::::

No comments: