Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

My friend bought us a Tassimo for Christmas. My caffeine intake has tripled since then. It's a wonder Jamie sleeps at all. I'm going to have to seriously cut back. But at least I'm getting stuff done. I'm like, three quarters of the way done the hat I am knitting Travis for Christmas. That's Christmas 2010. I'm not really getting a head start.

My New Year's Resolution is to try and get a little more organized. Specifically I want to try and stick a little better to my schedule, thereby preventing the full-blown decline of the house into a slovenly mess; stay on top of people's birthdays, thereby preventing gifts arriving over seven months late; and stay on top of finances thereby preventing Christmas from causing a cascade failure in my bank account.

So far? Well, not fabulous on the housework front. I was supposed to mop the kitchen and clean the upstairs bathroom today, and those didn't get done. We had an insurance SNAFU that I had to resolve today, and that took up a lot of my time. So I have an excuse. In the end it was probably for the best as we now have a different carrier and rate and are saving about $50/month. Which is good. Travis is going on course in May and will be taking a pay cut for the duration (about a year and a half), and we will be losing the $100/mo we get for Ian being under 6 so every bit counts. I will be most likely going back to work then as well to make up the shortfall. I'm not looking forward to it but that's life I guess.

Gift wise, well, I have to finish Travis's hat, then I have something nice in mind for my sister (birthday was in November....eek!) and then mittens for my cousin-in-law, who is going to babysit for us in exchange. I am hoping to be done by Valentine's Day. I will try to get some pictures up as I complete the projects. After all, my many faithful readers are waiting with bated breath....

As for right this second, I have big plans to make a cup of tea and sit down in front of the TV to get a few rounds done on the Hat of Doom. Go Me!!!

No comments: