Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Welcome all to the New Blog

Howdy folks and welcome to my new blog. Sorry about the time it has taken me to do this. As I said on my MSN Space :

"Well folks, I have finally completed the long, drawn out, and tedious job of moving this blog to its new home. I didn't just grab my stuff and go, like so many others. NOpe, I went whole hog, copied and pasted every single entry in this blog into the new one, manually and one at a time, including the photos. I couldn't just move the photos, either, I had to find them on my computer and upload them to the new spot. It took a little longer than it should have, but in my defence I was very busy with work and then I was gone to Alberta for several months, and couln't access my computer (and therefore my files) I didn't want to post to the new blog until I finished so my posts would be in order, and I didn't want to post to the old one lest I have more to move. Thus the long Hiatus."

(I didn't want to type it all again. What can I say)

So I am sure you are all wondering what has been going on with me since last summer. So here's a quick list of things I did:

1. Trav was gone a lot of the summer, so Ian and I did fun Nova Scotia stuff like go to the beach and pull weeds in the yard.

2. Trav came back and we hung out, and did fun stuff like swimming at the Commons and driving around the countryside.

3. Trav had to go again so I went to Alberta for 4 months. Ian and I did fun stuff like eat lunch with Chrys at the Mile Zero and enjoyed the fantastic Northern Alberta Autumn (it almost lasted 3 whole days this year, wow!) Chrys and I got to hang out and potty train two 2yr old boys... Fun! We went trick or treating with 4 kids, and threw out 90 percent of her belongings. I left Teletech to go out there and had a great time working at Boston Pizza in Peace River.

4. Came home, and had a great Christmas with all 3 of us. But now I have no job. So we are on a "budget". However, I refuse to take another job I hate as much as I hated the last one, so I will keep looking until the right thing comes along for me.

5. The plus side is I have more time for Ian, Knitting, and blogging. (My cooking might suffer a bit, as some of my better meals are a bit...pricy)

So that's that. Take some time and read the archives and check out my links. Hopefully this blog will grow as time goes on and become the dynamic place I always dreamed it would be.

No comments: