Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Desk Job

Some of you people out there who know me for some reason think I am some kind of clean freak. But I have a dirty little secret. Kind of like a Monica Closet. It's a box of unsorted papers that just keeps getting bigger and bigger until it weighs on my every waking moment. (all you people who think I am such a clean freak can gasp in shock now. You know who you are.)


So anyway:


Have a look under my desk.....






And tell me what you see.



Nothing, right? I mean a couple cords and a rummoli board. But no boxes of crap. Not a one. No files to be filed, junk to be shredded, or random pieces of unopened mail dating back to 1997.
Yep, you heard me right. 1997. I have been lugging that ever increasing pile of junk from house to house for over a decade. When we moved in here we had six (6) boxes of crap. When I finally sorted, shredded, and filed the last box yesterday it was almost disintegrated. But isn't it great? I can stretch my feet out under my desk. I vacumed the dust bunnies and tidied all the cords and now I feel like I have accomplished one of my life goals.



And as for the other camp, the ones who think my house is a foul and filthy cesspool, you too can gasp in shock now. (you know who you are)




(File under P for Pretty Darn Cute ^)

No comments: