Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Electronics update

I recieved my new computer on Friday! Yay! Here it is:


Pretty fancy-schmancy, eh?


(I'm in way over my head with this thing)


Any hoo, I have been very busy with it, I had to move all my files from the old computer to the new one. We lost some music, it seems. Nothing too major. I am pretty sure I have all my pictures, which is more important after all. I used Travis's camera to move files, as it has a 2G memory stick. It took about 10 trips. I got everything set up and then I moved the old computer in the kitchen and installed Windows XP on it. I was running Windows 2000 professional, and it wasn't upgradable, so I had to format the hard drive. I am going to get some little kid computer games so Ian can play on the old computer. Or maybe I will just sell it, its not too bad of a computer, just a little finicky. It was good to us, though.


I uploaded all my pics from the last few months into this computer. I still have to decide what to do with them. Probably Facebook albums and links. Unfortunately, I have not seen my camera since I did that. I have searched high and low, up and down. Everything was in a pretty bad mess for a while while I sorted things out, but I am starting to get things organised. And yet, no camera. It is really frustrating. I was sure I put it on the bookshelf when I was done but it is not there. Argh.


The new computer plays HD-DVD as well as Blu-Ray disks, so we rented Harry Potter on Blu-Ray and hauled the love seat over to watch it. Although I definitely notice a difference in quality between the old computer and this one, and even between the TV and the computer, I don't really see much difference between Blu-Ray and DVD. And I had to go through this whole crazy process to get the Blu-Ray disk to play in the player. Apparently it is some kind of known issue with Windows Vista.


So suffice it to say, I have got zero knitting done in the last week. Also I forgot to take pictures of the brown socks when finished. And they are in the mail now. Geeze.


I don't know how much knitting I will be getting done in the near future, either, as Ian is barfy right now. He has puked right before dinner two days in a row, and last night he barfed in bed. He is on Upset Tummy diet right now. (He's happy, he got to have ginger ale... he almost never gets any pop....I usually only let him have some at the movies.)


So that is the current update here. Everybody wish me luck in finding my camera... I haven't gone anywhere. It has to be around here somewhere....

1 comment:

Rahul said...

Dear Leoal,

Wish you best of luck for your future