Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Slacker Strikes Again!

Not only have I not been posting, I have not been taking very many pictures of my various adventures and projects, either! Yay! But today, I planned to spend the day cleaning up, so this is more appealing.

 

To my credit, I have been out to the valley three times, and I have made, since summer started, three batches of strawberry jam, three batches of blueberry syrup, one batch of blueberry jam, one batch of peach jam, two batches of dill pickles, and one batch of bread and butter pickles. Proportionately to normal, I haven't been knitting all that much. I gave up on the spiral rib for the fingerless mittens, and instead went with a cable pattern from Ravelry, with the end result being these:

031029

 

(Only one pair, but two pictures) I am desperately in love with these mittens. I only wish I had thought to knit the second one from the other end of the yarn to make symmetrical colour patterning, but hey, it's minor. I have some yarn left over as well. Not enough for another pair, but I am trying to come up with something, like maybe a headband or something. I figure if I am going to knit part of mittens, I can knit part of a hat.

 

I am also procrastinating on starting a blanket and some other things. For me, procrastinating means I am knitting dishcloths. I won't put pics up because really. You all have seen them all before. I also wanted to show off these weird cookies I made. Sooo yummy:

 

007

Yep, they are two tone cookies. I have Baby Giraffe there guarding them.

And of course, Ian is cute as ever:

Bizarre self portrait:

021

He got really sandy, so I stripped him on the deck, and doused him with water, then wrapped him up and brought him in:

015

And just for fun, here is a pretty, yet fruitless zucchini flower:

016

What's next here on the slopes of Mount Weedmore? Apples. Specifically applesauce and dried apple rings. I got one of those apple peeling/coring/slicing dohickeys, so I plan on getting me a bushel of apples and just going to town.

So stay tuned, everybody! (And may I suggest putting my blog in your feeds, if you haven't already... that way you don't have to come back all the time if I flake out for a while again)

3 comments:

Ann said...

Please tell me you aren't going to the Valley to pick your own apples.... I wanna come if you do!

Leoal said...

Alas! My next valley trip will be for Pumpkins when Travis gets home. I was thinking more along the lines of a 20lb bag of Cortlands from Farmer Clem's.

Jillian Camwell said...

Love the fingerless mittens! Did I mention that I have a 30th birthday coming up? So if you ever wanted to start giving me presents, now would be a good time!! ;)

Did Ian lose a tooth? Isn't he too young for that still??

Did you know you can eat zucchini flowers?