Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Monday, September 15, 2008

New Skillz. I haz them.

So I bet you are wondering why I posted a picture of a tiny ball of Yarn of Questionabl Quality (aka YQQ) yesterday...even though if you were wondering, you didn't comment. Well, maybe I can explain by showing you this:

Yep, it's a spindle, and some furry fur. Which should shortly be spun into more YQQ, and plied together to hopefully be slightly less questionable. Then I will make it into something. Something sucky, no doubt. But it will be mine. And I shall be proud. And I will be one step closer to Little House in the Big Woods.

That isn't the only skill I have added to my repertoire... I also learned to cut hair! Observe Experimental Subject A:

I don't know if he is enjoying his HQQ (Haircut of Questionable Quality) But look at the heap o hair that came off the child: (foot included for perspective)

(hmmmm.... I wonder if I could spin that?)

At any rate, he looks pretty good for his first day of preschool tomorrow (yay)

And amidst all the spinning and haircutting, I stumbled across this half knit sweater, and what with fall approaching, I thought I had better get cracking. So here are the latest pics of my Anty Beryl Sweater:

The ants are gone, but the sweater lives on!

2 comments:

allymama said...

ha
I thought you would add about spinning his hair..

Anonymous said...

aren't you supposed to shave all his hair off at the BEGINNING of summer, not the end??
ha ha jk
and spinning his hair would not be creepy. not at all...