Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A good day

My spinning is getting better. Hopefully I am not boring anybody with all this, but at least I am posting! I am getting a lot more proficient with practice, and I am also becoming much less afraid of the wool, as in, not so scared I am going to tear or ruin it. Plus I am doing more prep work, which I think is helping. Here is a pic of the last bit I spun:

010

And just for reference, here is a pic of the other stuff, from oldest to newest, so you can compare quality:

009

(sorry the pic is blurry. It's hard to take pictures at night)

I still have a little bit of the roving left, I will probably finish it tonight, and tomorrow I will have to figure out how to ply it. Then wash it, hang it, dry it, measure it, knit it, etc. You never know. Anyway, it is sort of satisfying to see all that fuzz smooth out into threads, right before my eyes.  But I am running out of wool! (she says as she eyes the cat and the hair clippers...)

Anyhoo. That is not all I accomplished today. I made bread, tidied the kitchen (for me, that is an accomplishment) and most importantly....

Took Ian to his first day of preschool! Yay!

Look how super cute he is, and such a big boy!

001

Happy to be there:

002

Hat and bag off...

004

Hung in his cubby...

006

And off playing without a backward glance!

005

Last night when I reminded him it was his first day of school, he was so excited! I asked him what the teacher would teach him, and he said "about vacuums!" and the first thing he did was run in to the toy vacuum. No tears (not even me), just happy to be there. He was one of the few, though. You could hear the heartbreaking wails from the other kids at the other end of the building!

Later on, when I went to pick him up, he runs up and says "Mama I PAINTED! And my FINGERS WERE CLEAN! I painted NICELY!"

I am glad we had a good day!

2 comments:

Sharon B in SA said...

WOW wow wow~ I am not sure which thing I am more happier for you over- the great singles you have made- [ neat to see the improvement in such a short time!- ( forgot to mention I am sure you are hooked on spinning already as you looked at your son's shorn hair and wondered if it was spinnable! LMAO! We got ya!)]
or that the first day of school went so darn well for you both!
As a mom facing this in my near future - it was good to see.
I am DOUBLY proud of you !

Melissa said...

I almost cried looking at Ian - he is such a big boy!!! I'm glad the first day of school went well for the both of you. Lots of love to both of you from out here in CA. I miss yous guys. :)