Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Monday, September 15, 2008

All Spun Out

I spun a bit more tonight, couldn't wait to post it. Here are my new singles on the spindle:




They are a lot more even. Not perfect by any means, but better. I believe it is about the same amount of fibre as the first batch, but it only took me about an hour, not three. I learned a lot from Youtube, I will post a link tomorrow to the most instructional videos.



You can see how much better it is than the first batch in this picture:




I guess I can go to bed happy:

3 comments:

Melissa said...

YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Great job.

PS. Guess what I got yesterday? handspun singles from Iceland! They even smell like sheep. It's pretty cool.

PPS. And the raccoon hat has gone to Iceland.

PPPS. And I have pictures for my blog, if I ever post again.

PPPPS. And I'm knitting a shark hat right now! well, not RIGHT now, but you know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

ba ha ha

pretty colours!!!

Sharon B in SA said...

Love the happy face picture- RJ and I both smiled big when we saw it. :)

Your singles are looking super- very pretty fluff (rovings) indeed.

I am proud of you!