Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sit your arse down.

We are on our third toilet seat and we desperately need a new one. (friday, woot) When we first moved in the toilet seat was one of those padded dealies which promptly cracked and was so gross that I insisted we chuck it. So I bought a wooden one, because I liked the wooden one in the upstairs bathroom. But it was a cheap wooden one that cracked right down the middle. At first I thought it was my imagination. There was no way my butt was being pinched. But then one day it split right in two. It was a deathtrap! I glued it shut but that didn't last. By the time Trav's parents came to visit last year it was hanging on by a hope and a prayer. I asked Trav to fix it but of course he procrastinated until his parents came and Robert fixed it for us.

The one we got to replace it was nice and heavy but unfortunately the cheap flimsy connectors couldn't handle the strain. Granted, it was getting a little loose and maybe I should have been more careful but one day I was sitting there and it just shot right out from underneath me! Believe me, that is not the best way to fall in a toilet. Anyway, it is, at the present time, merely placed gently on the bowl. We must pee with prudence. We must ca-ca with caution.

And hopefully when we get the new one this weekend it won't sit there until we have out of town visitors fix it out of pure desperation.

No comments: