Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Someone's poking me.... and it is not on Facebook!

I'm at 16 weeks now. I've been thinking I might be feeling some movement for the last week or so, and I have now decided that that's what it is. Just a little flutter here and there but still pretty cool!

I have a doctor's appointment today. We are all going to go together because he is going to try to find the heartbeat. I am pretty excited! I have been having a lot of nerve pain in my rear end as well, so I am planning on asking if there are any recommended ways to alleviate that. Sometimes I can hardly walk, and it is getting worse all the time. I find walking helps a bit, so I try not to sit still for too long. But bending or squatting makes it worse, so I try not to do any housework (that's my excuse, anyways.)

I have also been getting ginormous. I haven't really put on much weight.... I lost 5lbs or so after the holidays and then put it back on, so I am pretty much breaking even there. However, I only have one pair of jeans that fits. I went to the mall yesterday to try on maternity clothes, because I wanted to not feel fat for a few minutes. I will go shopping next week probably and pick up a few things, and then I will take a picture. I just can't put a big fat picture up right now. I don't mind looking pregnant, but I hate looking fat.

Ian seems pretty blase about the whole situation. When we advised him he was going to be a big brother, his response was "but Mom, you can't have a baby! You don't have any milk in your boobies!" Travis and I just looked at each other and laughed. That was the last thing we expected him to say!

We are planning on getting the spare room cleaned out first, then painting it green with some bug decals (caterpillars, dragonflies, butterflies, ladybugs etc) I want to do kind of a meadow theme. Maybe some birds and frogs too. This is a huge ongoing project as we have been using that bedroom as a storage room since Ian moved into the bigger room. I don't know where we will put people now when guests come.

So I think for right now, I am going to eat some breakfast and then do a few things around here. It is green bin day, so I think I should clean out the fridge. Exciting way to spend my day off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super excited for you! Really miss you and will try to call sometime! Love ya.
Love Chrys