Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Large Job...Done!

So I had one large room, which was my "spare" room aka huge junk depository, and one small room, which was Ian's room. I decided to swap, because Ian is getting too big for a little room and a toddler bed.

 

I started off the day when Ian pointed out that I had an "owie"

 

Bedroom Swap 003

Freaky, eh? I don't even know how it happened. It doesn't hurt or anything, but its a pretty big, dark bruise to not know how it happened.

 

Anyhoo, here are some shots of Ian's room before (the small bedroom):

Bedroom Swap 004

Bedroom Swap 005

Bedroom Swap 006

 

And this is the old spare room. It was getting seriously out of hand, and it seemed like such a big job I was afraid to tackle it. I couldn't even close the door anymore!

Bedroom Swap 007

Bedroom Swap 008

Bedroom Swap 009

 

I moved all of Ian's stuff to my room, and scrubbed the walls and vacuumed, then started putting the spare room stuff in Ian's old room. Here's how things looked at lunch time:

Small bedroom:

Bedroom Swap 011

Big bedroom:

 Bedroom Swap 014

I gave Ian a huge pile of stuff and told him to put it in the laundry room. Then he kinda disappeared. I found him in the dirty laundry trying to take a nap:

Bedroom Swap 013

Yeah, that is a LOT of laundry.

I finished all of the work about 4pm. Here are Ian's old room (new spare room) finished:

Bedroom Swap 015 

 Bedroom Swap 016

Bedroom Swap 017

I know it looks messy, but it is very tidy, and accessible. When Travis gets home, we need to go through it all and get rid of a lot of it. Also, no yarn in there, I took it upstairs to be sorted out.

 

Ian's new room, (old spare room)

Bedroom Swap 018

Bedroom Swap 019

Bedroom Swap 020

Bedroom Swap 021

The bed wasn't made yet because all the double size bedding is in the wash. I did get a foamy mattress topper and a vinyl mattress protector. I didn't buy any special bedding for him because I haven't decided if I want to get him a twin bed or bunk bed yet. I am kinda waffling on that. In the mean time, I am looking for a free or next to free dresser so I can use that shelf for something else.

This was such a huge job, I have been meaning to do it since Christmas, but I just couldn't get started, and it wasn't something I could do in bits, either. Once I started, I had to finish that day. I am sooooo glad to be finished. Sorry to say, though, if anybody comes to visit, I am not really sure where I will put you. At least the couch pulls out, ha ha!

Amidst all the kafuffle, Ian found his carefully hidden drum set. (Thanks again Chrys) So I set it up for him, and he treated me to a Job Well Done concert. Beats Elton John any day! (Ok, it doesn't, but if I keep telling myself that, maybe I will start to believe it)

 

 

 

(The video is taking forever to process on YouTube... if it isn't working, check back later. If it is not working by tomorrow I will upload again and edit the post. But the post is ready except for the video so I am going to go ahead and post it.)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow. I am uber impressed (you'll have to add the umlaut yourself). Sorry for being out of touch ... I worked 65 hours last week! Erlack!!! :)