Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Don't it make your brown sock blue?

I am at the heel in my mysterious brown sock. I turned the heel then I noticed the stitches on one row were on the baggy side. I didn't think that was a good place for a weak spot so I decided to rip the sock back to the heel flap but I didn't realise what a pain in the arse it would be to pick up those wierd slipped stitches on the heel. (What is that called anyway? Does anybody know? Does it have a name??) So I got to pick up stitches and I still had to un-knit two rows to get it back into an area that looked normal. So no more sock tonight.

My Mom and I went to her friends' place for dinner tonight. I promised to leave the knitting bag in the car. After dinner they had the music up really loud and Ian was dancing like a maniac. It was really cute. I wanted to get a video but my camera was in the knitting bag. So you can blame my Mom for that, lol. Actually it wouldn't have made a difference..... no camera cord, remember!

Anyway, BP again tomorrow, so possibly no post. However I will try to get my Guacamole up on the other blog some time in the morning. No guarantees, though. I am not feeling really ambitious right now. G'night!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey sweets, those weird slipped stitches on the heel are called, oddly enough, slipped stitches. When are you going to try a toe-up sock with a short-row toe and heel? I know you can do it.

Feeling a little better ... still haven't gotten up enough energy for knitting, but have managed enough for flirting with the cute guy sitting next to me in training. Because my scratchy voice and sniffling is *sooo* sexy, don'tcha know?

PS. The peeps in front of me are from Alberta, and one of them has her territory as, yes, Grimshaw and Peace River! Who knew!

PPS. We've been having a blast making fun of Newfies.

PPPS. Which makes me miss Canada. And you, mostly.

Hugs from CA!