Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Sunday, January 7, 2007

So I have been slacking. Is anybody really suprised?

Christmas was fun here, despite having no snow. We had a teriffic turkey dinner including a brined turkey (yum). Ian wasn't too keen on the presents. It's not that he didn't like them, he just didn't quite grasp the concept of opening them. Once we unwrapped the gift and he saw what was inside he was all for it. The only problem was he wanted the truck/train/walkie talkie NOW and did not want to wait while we untangled the kazillion and one twist ties that hold the toys into the packaging. We were going to do that all ahead of time but then we got lazy. Stupid we.

I recieved several lovely gifts including gift cards to Reitmans and Old Navy which I exchanged for some much needed clothing. I also recieved a knife (woot) and a pepper mill (woot) and a web cam (woot woot) So now we can have live video chats with Those we Love. We had an Online New Years party with friends from back home which was great because we sure do miss them. We babysat Ian's little cousin Lillian as well. She sure is cute. It was a little stressful, especially as she has quite the set of lungs on her, and I am not as good at soothing her as I am at soothing Ian, but it worked out anyway. I was feeding her some sweet potato/squash mush and Ian comes along with his mouth open ready for a bite. So I gave him a bite. He sure doesn't like that as much as he did when he was a tinier tot. The look on his face was priceless!

We have started a new blog, it is Travis and my dinner blog. We will work on it together. I have included a link. It's nothing special, just recipes and stuff, but we thought we should share. I know, I can barely keep up with this one. But it's my new years resolution. I swear. (yes I am aware it is the 7th of January) I also have a new link to my friend Melissa's blog, she's got quite a way with words.

Any hoo, must run. I think I need to chase the sheets down again. Here are some pics to send you on your way:


















No comments: