Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Har har. Actually, yesterday was my last day of work. I'm excited! I plan on getting some things in order around here, spending time with Ian and Travis, and trying to get some sleep while I still can. So who likes my new blog look? I figured for a fresh start, a new look was in order. I really like the new options Blogger has for personalization. It's easy to use and there are way more options.

It's a nice day today, it is only 18c and cloudy/rainy. It's a nice change from boiling hot and humid. People keep asking me how I mind being pregnant in the summer but in all honesty, I don't think I am any hotter or more uncomfortable than usual. After all, Ian was born at the start of the summer, and I felt like I spent the whole summer trapped inside with a hot, sticky baby stuck to me. I find Just Me to be a lot easier to cool off. We have been swimming a lot. Besides, our bedrooms are downstairs, and I have a ceiling fan. It's pretty comfortable.

It's been so hot lately, we went to the Valley for a drive last weekend, and we didn't end up doing anything because it was too hot to get out of the car. Eventually we decided to go to the Aviation Museum in Greenwood. It was nice. Not big, but admission was charged by donation, so we paid about $5 and feel we got our money's worth.

Since it is wet out, I'm letting Ian play Wii while I do housework. (Except I have been goofing off on the computer and not getting any housework done. Mom fail.) That kid loves Wii so much, it's insane. He loves Mario more than anything on earth, I think. He has posters and everything. He asked for a Mario shirt but I couldn't find one yet. What's really irritating, though, is that he has Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, and he just spends all his time playing the first few levels OVER AND OVER AND OVER until my head wants to explode with the repetitiveness of it all. Argh!!! Back in my day, the game forced you to do the next level when you were done. And you couldn't save it, so you had to keep going. But hey. Back in my day, you also had to carry your Koopa Shells on your back uphill both ways. In the snow. And we didn't have Helicopter Suits. Just fireflowers and a bizarre flying raccoon. And it was all, like, 8 bit.

I'm such a dork.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woah, I didn't even know you had a blog! Now I can spend even more time on the internet... thanks Leoal, thanks a lot. :)

Leoal said...

I've had this forever. It goes waaaaaaayyyyy back. Since pre-facebook days actually!!! Luckily, my posts come pretty sporadically so it doesn't take too long to read.