Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

My last day....

Today was my last day as the Mom of a four-year-old. It's a little bittersweet. He's done being a baby, toddler, and preschooler (even though he still has about six weeks of preschool left). Now the next stage: Big Kid. Big kids go to school, have sleepovers, and form memories that will last the rest of their lives. People spend the rest of their lives trying to recapture the feelings they had as a Big kid, by doing things that bring back memories of things they did prior to being a teenager. Being a kid is in a lot of ways the most perfect time in someone's life.

Up until now, I could more or less rest assured that he would probably forget most of what we say and do together, but now, anything we do together could be his first, strongest, or most defining moment in childhood. There's no way to know. It's kind of daunting.

On the other hand, I am not worried that his first, strongest, or most defining moment in childhood is going to be bad. After all we love him, give him everything he needs, and spend time with him. Ultimately, I think that is what really matters.

No comments: