Blog of Housewifery

I like to knit
I like to bake
But I'm a MOM
That takes the cake!

Saturday, June 14, 2008

World Wide Knit in Public Day

1. Theodore was full. So we will do it some other time in the summer. Maybe on a weekday. But WWKIP Day was fun, we went to the Spring Garden Library and sat on the lawn and they gave out prizes. I didn't win any. Because I suck. I mean, I seriously suck at draws. I have bad draw karma. I think there is a black hole with my name on it and when I enter draws it sucks away my entry.

Well maybe I shouldn't complain. I did win that LCD TV in a draw last year. But that doesn't count because it wasnt YARN and it wasn't TODAY.

Anyhoo.

I donated some hand knit dish cloths to the Byrony House, they were collecting food and household items. Then a lady was trying to show me how to do stranded knitting with two hands using my dishcloth-in-progress and I knit continental and honestly don't know how you right-handed folk do it because every time I try I have dropped needles sliding all over the place and my hands get all tangled up in the yarn and so on. Plus I think there is a good chance I knit weird because when other people do it, it looks really weird. So I couldn't tell what she was doing. But I pretended I did. Because I am socially clever that way. And then I went and sat quietly under a tree and tried to frog it back but that doesn't work well with slipped stitch colourwork and so I lost about 8 rows of knitting before I could get it back on the needles and then I broke the needle.

So I luckily had my sweater there and took it over to the crowd of people and I was knitting away and gabbing and I noticed my stitch marker had disappeared, the open ring one for marking the rows. I was like "great. I need a stitch marker now" then suddenly like a beam of light from the heavens above, the owner of The Loop was sauntering about handing out free stitch markers and percent off coupons! I was disproportionately excited! I went "woo hoo I REALLY needed this!" and marked my row and then I noticed the coupon and got even MORE excited because OMG I HAVE A SWIFT ON ORDER AND NOW IT WILL COST ME 15% LESS!

Could life be any more grand???

Plus I bought some hand painted wool/kid/nylon/silk blend from Lismore today but we don't need to talk about that do we?

Ahem.

I told the lady at the Farmers Market that I am officially CUT OFF FROM NOW ON, OK?


2. I never bothered to look it up chose the Darrell spelling as an homage. I didn't want to COPY. That would be bad. But who else thinks I should get another tetra and name it Darrell (pronounced da-RILL)? He could have a pony tail and be a really pretentious fish and a bad waiter.

Anybody?

No?

Ok, then.

(that joke was really hard to write out. It would be funnier if I said it to you.)

5. Who likes my evil plan to get more comments? Mwahahahahaha

6. I know I skipped 3 and 4 but I really didn't have anything further to say about those subjects.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love being disproportionately excited!!! i get disproportionately excited about everything!!!!!

and i totally spelled newhart wrong i feel silly....

RedFridayGirl said...

Ok sorry.. I have been so bad on the blogging..

#1 - Never be cut off from the farmers market.. lol.. it is aweseome.. That is so kind of you to make the dontation.
#2. I can't spell.. sorry.. i really really suck!!
#3-4. ?????? did I miss something.. anyone??
#5. I love your evil plan!! haha..
#6. ok all makes sense now!! haha

Melissa said...

I just got a ballwinder. You know, when you have your ranch and I live in your shed, I'll bring my ballwinder and you bring your swift and we'll totally have a pair.

Oh, and I vote that you name the sweater "Ethel." Because why not.

PS. My favorite colors are hot pink and lime green LIKE YOU DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW THAT. :)